Green tea cupcakes make a great dessert for all. They have a beautiful green color and are sure to grab ones attention!
- ¼ cup (125ml) butter
- ¼ cup (125ml) vegetable oil butter spread
- ¾ cup (175ml) sugar
- 3 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoons (2ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon (2ml) almond extract
- 1 ½ cups (325ml) flour, cake flour is preferred
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) baking powder
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) green tea powder
- ½ cup (125ml) milk
Time required 45 minutes
Difficulty level 3
Cost of ingredients 8 USD
In a large bowl, cream together butter, vegetable oil butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add in egg whites, one at a time, beating each one into the mix before adding the next. Next, beat in the extracts.
In another bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and green tea. Alternate pouring in flour mix and milk, mixing until just incorporated. Pour mix into prepared cupcake tin.
Bake in a 350F( 175C) preheated oven for about 15 – 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Allow to cool about 10 minutes before frosting and serving!
Photo by hoveringdog